Black Jar Honey Contest Rules
Entries must be submitted by a beekeeper and be pure unadulterated honey produced by his or her bees. We do not accept honey from commercial buyers or packers.
1. Complete an entry form.
• Contestant may enter more than one variety of honey, but must fill out an entry form and pay an entry fee for each type of honey entered into Black Jar.
2. Pay $10.00 fee.
• Entry fees may be paid online (after submitting entry form) or mailed along with honey shipment.
3. Submit three (3) pounds of honey in ONE of the following ways:
• Ship three (3) one pound jars. One (1) jar MUST NOT have any labels or markings, and two (2) jars must have the beekeeper’s label.
• Ship three (3) pounds in a nonbreakable container (U.S. quart or European liter size) and our organization will transfer the honey into three (3) Queenline jars. YOU MUST include two (2) labels for us to apply to two jars. Labels should be no more than 2.5” x 3” or 6.35 cm x 75 cm.
4. Ship to:
Center for Honeybee Research
22 Cedar Hill Rd.
Asheville, NC 28806
5. Honey shipments MUST BE postmarked by December 31, 2019.